Missouri | Psychiatrist - Telehealth Substance Use Disorder Care
Psychiatrist - Medical Provider - Telehealth Addiction Care
Affect Therapeutics combines mobile technology, addiction counseling and medical care to help our Members in their recovery journey. Affect delivers care 100% virtually in an effort to decrease barriers to care and improve access.
Affect’s program gives members the tools and incentives they need, exactly when and where they need them. By combining a digital therapeutic smartphone app with an integrated care team, our program delivers real-time, data-driven advances in treatment, leading to improved outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
Affect has brought together a team of advisors across addiction, business, and gaming, including Dr. Jeff De Flavio, founder of Groups Recover Together; Tom McClellan, the former Deputy Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy; and Kevin Ryan, founder of Gilt Groupe and Business Insider. Affect is backed by City Light Ventures, AlleyCorp, and Kapor Capital.
About the Role:
Affect’s Medical Providers oversee our member care with the support of the member services team, which consists of counselors and case managers. The Provider will work on a part-time contract basis to deliver evidence-based Stimulant Use Disorder and Alcohol Use Disorder treatment.
The Medical Provider must be a fully licensed Psychiatrist and currently enrolled with Medicaid. Affect does not prescribe controlled substances and the decision of whether prescription medication is appropriate is at the discretion of the Medical Provider.
This is a remote, home-based position. You must have an active and unrestricted license in the state for which you are being hired.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the needs of members through a telehealth initial evaluation. Providers see members after they have undergone a biopsychosocial intake evaluation by a licensed or certified counselor and have been admitted to the program.
- Conduct monthly telehealth appointments to assess each member’s progress.
- Prescribe medication when necessary. Answer member questions regarding medications and diagnosis.
- Complete all notes and reporting in Affect EHR system (Healthie) within required timeline (providers receive full orientation/training on Clinical Protocols before work with Affect)
- Agree to utilize Affect’s policies and protocols to guide clinical decision-making. Affect has also developed a unique, technology-driven and team-based clinical system that handles all day-to-day member management and regulatory compliance. This allows physicians to focus exclusively on medical management and diagnostics.
- Maintain active State License/DEA as appropriate and active Board Certification
- May be required to attend an Affect internal company and/or team meetings from time to time. These will have advanced planning for your schedule.
- Full-time employees may be asked to participate in call coverage.
Part-time Medical provider schedules will be a set number of hours each week, depending on the provider’s availability and the needs of the region. Having hours available multiple days per week is strongly preferred for part-time providers.
- Active state medical license(s) to practice within the state being hired for.
- Minimum experience of at least 2 years as a licensed medical provider. Experience within the substance use disorder field is a plus.
- Willingness to apply for multi-state licensure. Affect will cover the cost of the licensing fees.
- Empathy when working with members who may have multiple personal and emotional challenges that may impact their focus and ability for a lifestyle of sobriety.
- High comfort level with technology, including EHR software, email, instant messaging (e.g. Slack, Teams), and mobile apps (i.e. Google Suite).
- Authentic, caring and inspiring attitude, while also maintaining appropriate boundaries with members and coworkers.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with people.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Ability to make high-quality clinical decisions that align with Affect Therapeutics’ policies and procedures.
- Commitment to a high ethical standard
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a quiet, private dedicated home office with a door, to allow for HIPPA compliant conversations, with reliable internet connection.
- Must be Medicaid Enrolled
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities; these are made on a case-by-case basis. While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, and will assess the details of any criminal conviction in a manner consistent with applicable law. No background check will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been made to an applicant.
The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to exemptions as required by applicable law).
How We Support You
Affect is on a mission to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. We are a dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about serving our Members, and just as passionate about creating an intentional culture and community with each other. We recognize that every single one of us are on our own journey's towards well being and are creating an environment to support that in ourselves and our Members. On top of that, for full-time positions, we offer comprehensive medical benefits, paid vacation, remote work, company social events, and professional development and growth opportunities at a quickly growing startup for a massive societal problem.
Come join our team!!