Treatment Consultant - Remote
As a Treatment Consultant you will embody the Affect Therapeutics values of Empathy, Passion and Accountability to help potential members on their recovery journey. Treatment Consultants make up the Admissions Team at Affect Therapeutics and work closely and collaboratively with the Marketing, Member Services, and Clinical teams.
Affect Therapeutics is a digital addiction treatment provider that connects people seeking support with stimulant use disorder or alcohol use disorder with licensed counselors for 1:1 and group therapy. Affect also provides contingency management to motivate members to create new positive recovery behaviors and support them through the initial difficult stages of recovery. Affect’s services are offered to our members virtually and our team operates fully remotely.
About the Role:
The Treatment Consultants are responsible for swiftly responding to interested potential members and scheduling intake appointments with the Affect clinical team for assessment. The Admissions Team meets members where they are in their journey and supports their success by providing education about our programs, diligent follow-up, scheduling and tech support, and more.
Responsibilities of the Treatment Consultant will include:
- Manage your daily schedule with a sense of urgency to support a high volume of inbound phone calls, text messages, and emails.
- Achieve individual goals and contribute towards team goals. Individual and team goals are designed to meet our corporate enrollment goals and ensure quality communications in every interaction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of enrollment criteria to correctly identify who is a good candidate for our program, assist potential member needs, and ensure all requests are followed through and completed.
- Use motivational interviewing (MI) techniques to determine each caller's readiness and encourage intake appointment attendance.
- Schedule initial intake appointments using an Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other internally-built software tools.
- Facilitate seamless intake appointment; coordinating with counselors and other clinical staff as necessary.
- Serve as a positive Affect representative in every interaction, acting without prejudice, stigma, or judgment.
- Participate in internal and external required training and commit to continued professional development.
- Contribute to the growth of the team by suggesting improvements in operations, messaging, or strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a remote, work from home role.
- Relevant work experience required in business development or similar Admissions roles where targets have been consistently met or exceeded. Behavioral health experience not required, but a plus.
- High school diploma or higher ed preferred.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during all member interactions.
- Authentic, caring and inspiring—and able to maintain appropriate boundaries and accountability.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with people.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication, and analytical skills. You will be expected to compose ad hoc texts/emails to potential members as part of this role.
- Attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and can work in an environment where change is frequent.
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do, working collaboratively with providers, Member Care team, and other professional colleagues.
- Excitement about working at an early-stage company where the opportunity for impact is high but not all systems/processes are fully ironed out.
- Self-starter with high emotional intelligence.
- High comfort level with technology, including EMR software, email, Slack, and mobile apps (e.g., Google Suite).
- Must be able to work remotely. Must have a quiet, private dedicated home office with a door with reliable internet connection.
- This is a full-time role. You must have the availability to work full-time and show accountability to working your scheduled hours. Treatment Consultants have set hours, but we offer flexibility in setting those hours as long as it is in the best interest of serving our members. Recurring evening and weekend availability is a big plus.
Please submit a cover letter detailing why this role excites you and why you are passionate about helping people in their recovery journeys!
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities; these are made on a case-by-case basis. While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, and will assess the details of any criminal conviction in a manner consistent with applicable law. No background check will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been made to an applicant.
The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to exemptions as required by applicable law).
How We Support You
Affect is on a mission to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. We are a dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about serving our Members, and just as passionate about creating an intentional culture and community with each other. We recognize that every single one of us are on our own journey's towards well being and are creating an environment to support that in ourselves and our Members. On top of that, we offer comprehensive medical benefits, paid vacation, remote work, company social events, and professional development and growth opportunities at a quickly growing startup for a massive societal problem.
Come join our team!!