Counseling Supervisor - Regional, Telehealth
Counseling Supervisor - Regional
Affect Therapeutics, the first evidence-based, digital recovery program for stimulant, alcohol or cannabis use, combines mobile technology, behavioral support and medical care to help our members in their recovery and sobriety journey. We support our members virtually, meeting them where they are, and empowering them to overcome their substance addictions.
Affect Therapeutics is seeking data curious, empathic telehealth Regional Counseling Supervisors to join our team who wants to change the way the world treats addiction. By sharing our values of Empathy, Passion and Accountability the Affect team strives to provide the skills to help each of our Members reach sobriety.
The Regional Counseling Supervisor will be responsible for achieving member support goals, will serve as an authority on counselor workflows and for helping to implement new clinical protocols and initiatives. The Supervisor will serve as a role model, reflecting the organization’s treatment philosophy, goals, and policies to colleagues and members. The Counseling Supervisor will supervise a team of counselors and work collaboratively with the larger Clinical and Member Services team. This role reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
This is a remote position.This position will be approximately 50% administrative and 50% direct clinical care.
- Coach clinical staff on managing complex cases, improving their clinical skills, and adhering to clinical policies and procedures.
- Provide direct clinical oversight and support on a regular basis.
- Drive great clinical outcomes for our members by managing performance of Substance Use Disorder Counselors and other clinicians as assigned.
- Conduct individual and group supervision to develop skills and drive performance improvement.
- Oversee case management clinical duties, as assigned
- Partner with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure all day-to-day functions run smoothly in order to deliver high-quality care.
- Conduct quarterly chart reviews, identify trends, and provide additional training/support as needed, to ensure clinical documentation meets internal and external expectations.
- Assist in preparations for audits (e.g., state licensing, accreditation, managed care).
- Provide coverage during staff outages (PTO or illness) or other direct clinical services as appropriate or assigned.
- Participate in the interview process for Counselors.
- Perform performance reviews for Clinical Staff and manage HR issues
- Ensure all new clinicians are trained effectively and fully understand the organization’s treatment model, policies and procedures, and values.
- Identify staff training needs to meet quality goals and ensure those needs are met
- Support development of local or central training content, as subject matter expert.
- Support successful launch of new locations, including hiring, community outreach, and demand generation.
- Deliver structured and effective onboarding for new employees that both conveys technical knowledge and imparts culture.
- Help deliver training as needed.
- Represent the organization in meetings and events, as the clinical expert or lead.
- Accountable for clinical outcomes and related OKRs and for optimizing clinical OKRs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years clinical experience as an independent clinician in an addiction and/or mental health field.
- Supervisor designation as a LCSW, mental health counselor (e.g., LPC, LMHC), or LMFT with ability and willingness to cross-license
- Excellent communication skills. Know how to manage communication effectively across a large, dispersed team, and are comfortable representing the organization to external audiences.
- Relationship-building skills; ability to find creative ways to engage individuals
- Ability to travel as required
- Willingness to work a Monday-Friday schedule
- At least 2 years of administrative experience leading people and teams, with the ability to work with everyone from senior managers to physicians to entry-level employees
- Knowledge of the local market and the addiction space – other treatment providers, local stakeholders, community organizations, etc.
- Experience hiring top talent, ideally across both clinical and non-clinical roles