Member Advocate - Remote
Affect Therapeutics combines mobile technology, addiction counseling and medical care to help our Members in their recovery journey. Affect delivers care 100% virtually in an effort to decrease barriers to care and improve access.
Affect’s program gives members the tools and incentives they need, exactly when and where they need them. By combining a digital therapeutic smartphone app with an integrated care team, our program delivers real-time, data-driven advances in treatment, leading to improved outcomes and lower healthcare costs. Affect’s services are offered to our members virtually and our team operates fully remotely. This is a remote, work-from-home role.
About the Role:
The telehealth Member Advocate shares the Affect Therapeutic values of Empathy, Passion, and Accountability and uses these when striving to provide the help and resources each of our Members need to achieve and their recovery goals. The Member Advocate acts as the connection between our clinical program delivery and the member. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Running Group Orientation sessions with new members, to properly align expectations, answer questions, and provide support during the first few days of enrollment.
- Serving as the Affect liaison for interactions as we treat, engage with, and support our members without prejudice, stigma, or judgment.
- Coordinating and advocating for members access to necessary services and resources, including medical, psychiatric, legal, and social services.
- Providing 'warm handoffs' to other treatment providers for current or prospective members.
- Providing education and support to members and their families regarding substance use disorder, recovery, and available resources.
- Feeling a sense of ownership for member retention, engagement, and overall success in the program on their journey to recovery.
- Utilizing Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other internal tools to schedule, coordinate, reschedule, follow-up with, and all other interactions with current members.
- Providing a positive experience that demonstrates our unique culture and values to develop a trusted rapport with members.
- Coordinating with other key internal stakeholders (e.g., Product/Engineering, Clinical, and more) to garner member feedback on all elements of their experience with Affect and work to set solutions into practice.
- Performing other duties as assigned/needed.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience providing case management services to individuals with substance use disorder or related conditions, to include crisis management intervention.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in substance use disorder treatment and familiarity with available resources and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and professionals in a clear and empathic manner.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do, working collaboratively with providers, counselors, and other colleagues.
- Excitement about working at an early-stage company.
- Self-starter with high emotional intelligence.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with a keen interest in technology and its applicability to our space.
- Must have a quiet, private dedicated home office with a door, to allow for HIPAA compliant conversations, with reliable internet connection.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities; these are made on a case-by-case basis. While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, and will assess the details of any criminal conviction in a manner consistent with applicable law. No background check will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been made to an applicant.
The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to exemptions as required by applicable law).
How We Support You!
Affect is on a mission to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. We are a dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about serving our Members, and just as passionate about creating an intentional culture and community with each other. We recognize that every single one of us are on our own journey's towards well being and are creating an environment to support that in ourselves and our Members. On top of that, we offer comprehensive medical benefits, paid vacation, remote work, company social events, and professional development and growth opportunities at a quickly growing startup for a massive societal problem.