Independent Telehealth Substance Use Disorder: Addiction Counselor
Affect Therapeutics, a pioneering digital recovery program for stimulant use, is searching for empathetic Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselors.
If you hold licenses such as CADC, CADC-R, CADC-I, CADC-II, CADC-III, CSAC, CSW, LCSW, LISW, LSW, LSATP, LCAS, LADAC, LDAC, LCPC, LMHC, LPC, LPCC, LIMFT or LMFT we want to hear from you.
Join us in revolutionizing the approach to stimulant, alcohol, and cannabis addictions.
As an Affect Therapeutics telehealth SUD Counselor, you'll play a pivotal role in helping our members find their path to sobriety. We meet members where they are and empower them to overcome their substance addictions. Your responsibilities include:
- Assess and Inspire: Conduct intake assessments to evaluate individuals' readiness for our program, inspire hope, and set action steps forward.
- Guiding Recovery: Lead weekly group therapy sessions using our structured curriculum to build recovery skills and foster a supportive community.
- One-on-One Support: Engage in weekly individual one-on-one sessions, providing personalized support and crisis intervention when needed.
- Coordinated Care: Collaborate with the larger Member Services team and liaise with outside parties involved in the member's treatment to ensure comprehensive care.
- Measure Progress: Continuously measure the effectiveness of your clinical practice, using outcome measures and client feedback to refine your approach.
- Compliance and Standards: Practice within state, federal, and provincial laws/regulations and uphold professional ethical standards, including HIPAA and (42 CFR pt 2) CRF regulations.
- Cultural Diversity: Actively work to ensure cultural diversity is preserved and upheld, respecting each member's unique background.
- Digital Documentation: Utilize our custom EMR to efficiently document members' progress and clinician interactions, making it a value-added, fully digitized process.
- Professional Growth: Actively engage in internal and external training required for licensure upkeep and continually work towards professional development.
- Must hold an independent counseling license in your state.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum two years of group therapy experience in an SUD setting.
- Passion for helping others on their journey to recovery.
- Tech-savvy, comfortable with EMR, email, software, and mobile apps. You will need to navigate and utilize these simultaneously in this role.
- Exceptional communication, active listening, and ethical standards.
- Team player, committed to working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to work 1 - 2 evenings and weekends as needed to meet member demands effectively.
- Available for afternoon hours, including some evenings. Weekend hours are not often, but may occasionally be needed with advanced notice. (We can always discuss flexible options!)
- This is a remote, work-from-home position.
- Background check required.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits available from the first day of employment.
- Paid Vacation | PTO.
- Remote Work | Telehealth.
- Company Social Events & Fun Team Activities.
- Professional Development with access to CEUs.
- Support for Professional Licensing & Reciprocity.
- Growth Opportunities at a rapidly growing startup addressing a significant societal problem.
Join us at Affect Therapeutics and be part of the change in addiction recovery. Your dedication will shape a brighter future for our members and our society.