Software Engineering, Design
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Design Technologists who work at AngelList are passionate about helping startups succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join the company at the nerve center of the startups ecosystem. By working at AngelList, you will gain an unparalleled education in both venture financing and founding a startup; we strive for every employee to be a customer through our Funders and Founders program.
The AngelList Brand Design team works at the intersection of brand, product, and engineering to create a consistent, engaging and empowering experience for both Founders and Investors. We minimize drag and churn by keeping teams as small as possible, built on mutual respect, high trust and low management. Take direct ownership of brand, product and marketing experiences, enabling small teams to define and ship projects without barriers. It is a rewarding environment where self-starters and driven individuals are able to learn, grow and thrive.
As a Design Technologist you will collaborate with a team of multifaceted designers, product leads, engineers, data scientists, business leads and other cross-functional team members to drive the evolution of the AngelList website and marketing pages across all customer touch points. The Brand Design team is ultimately responsible for how AngelList shows up in the world. This includes everything from our website and social media to our product and events.
While AngelList is a fully-remote company, we pride ourselves on being highly collaborative. We design and build in the open, we are proactive with feedback and ideas and we embrace each other's unique talents and contributions. Each member of the AngelList Brand Design team is expected to contribute to the team’s collective output and to have a noticeable impact on the company’s business objectives. In this role you will have a voice and a say and you will be expected to make a difference.
- Work between our brand design, marketing, engineering, and product teams to prototype and implement digital assets
- Participate in concept development iteration, partnering on projects from brainstorming and design through implementation.
- Present ideas or prototypes to mixed client marketing / technical audiences
- Establish and implement a best-in-class content management system, in partnership with your peers, team members and design leadership
- Independently consult peers or teams for feedback, customer insights or data to move projects forward
- Completely rebuild our primary website and related pages
- Migrate legacy assets into a new Content Management System
- Be a voice in mapping the future of the AngelList brand
- Translate designs into working web properties
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience as a Design Technologist, Design Engineer, or Front End Engineer developing impactful and beautiful websites that customers love
- Experience with Next.js, React, and modern CSS
- Experience working with headless CMS (Sanity or similar)
- Experience developing responsive websites from FIGMA mockups
- Experience with prototyping and implementing design solutions
- Experience in accelerating cross-functional team efficiency by improving processes and workflows
- A keen eye for detail and are able to interpret designs with little oversight
- An ability and willingness to make design suggestions
- Understanding of web standards, browser performance, and best practices
- Experience with digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional leadership
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- An intense desire to solve problems
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence, with a data-driven approach to understanding what's required for great customer experiences
- An optimistic and idealistic worldview with a pragmatic work ethic
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and the company mission
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world)
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.