San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
At AngelList, we rely on IT systems to power the solutions that help consumers around the world. We’re seeking an experienced IT Lead who has the technological skills to make us even more efficient. As our first IT Lead, you will analyze current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. The IT Lead will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our operations and a long-term impact on our overall growth.
Objectives of this role
- Maintain essential IT infrastructure, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Take responsibility for projects and solutions within the larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Analyze departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet business needs, using their full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitor solutions
- Analyze processes, technologies, and vendors continually to find areas for improvement
- Prepare cost–benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and monitor vendors to ensure that they’re offering the best-possible service and value for business needs
- Train employees to use software and hardware; troubleshoot issues and provide technical support when needed
- Develop and execute disaster planning and maintain data backups
Required skills and qualifications
- Five or more years of experience in IT operations and support
- Deep knowledge of operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and systems performance monitoring
- Experience supporting users with GSuite, Slack, Notion, and common cloud productivity tools
- Expertise in implementing, configuring, and testing IT solutions
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Has led IT efforts for a 100+ person company (ideally has been the first IT person in a startup)
- Has partnered with engineering teams for IDE and dev tool user support
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in information technology or computer science
- Professional certification
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.