Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
AngelList is seeking an Account Executive to join our team. As an Account Executive you will source, qualify and close venture & private equity funds for AngelList Fund Management or Software Suite.
This role provides a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced leaders in the private market industry and shape AngelList’s sales strategy in this next phase of our growth. Given AngelList’s easy-to-use and scalable solution, you will have the opportunity to have an outsized impact not just on our company, but on the private market industry as a whole.
You will manage the entire sales cycle, including creating and executing on outbound processes to close a pipeline of customers. As an early member of the sales team, you’ll be critical in helping us iterate on our pitch and processes as we scale. Internally, you will collaborate with AngelList’s product, operations, and legal teams to ensure a smooth experience for our users.
We are a fast-growing company, so we need Venture Account Executives who will take initiative, learn our product quickly and thoroughly, and bring a growth mindset to their work each day.
- Create and implement a detailed sales strategy and plan, focusing on both immediate and long-term goal attainment.
- Increase pipeline of net-new customers by actively engaging in strategic outbound prospecting.
- Effectively communicate the value and impact of our products to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and act as a reliable advisor for their business.
- Work closely with teams in product development, operations, and customer success to continually develop, refine, and offer innovative products to our customers.
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Recommended: Over 8 years of experience as an account executive, with Mid Market/Enterprise sales.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated sales expertise with a strong track record in negotiation and deal closure.
- Highly competitive and motivated to meet and exceed goal
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Confidential 2023
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.