Strategy & Operations Lead
We are looking for a senior operations leader to drive the vision, strategy, and delivery of our CIO organization. As the Strategy & Operations Lead, you will oversee core operations supporting our Enterprise Technology (ET) & IT organizations and drive multiple high-impact initiatives. You will partner with leaders to identify gaps, improve processes, align teams, and communicate results across the company. You will serve as a player-coach leader to increase velocity and evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution and processes. You will ensure business continuity in a rapidly evolving, highly technical, and frequently demanding environment- anticipating production needs, resource planning, and prioritizing/coordinating team development and training. You will act as a trusted advisor to Asana’s CIO and senior members of his leadership team. Working across the company, you will have a voice at the table where key ET & IT decisions are made, and be accountable for driving actions from this group.
What you’ll achieve
- You will report into the Head of PMO & Strategy & Ops and work closely with the CIO and his leadership team to scale and optimize our ET& IToperations to accelerate progress toward our mission.In conjunction with ET and IT leadership, you will be responsible for refining and driving many important aspects of our organization including: visioning, OKR creation and measurement, roadmapping, annual planning, and continual improvement of our organization’s solution development processes.
- Alongside the CIO, you will be a voice externally in CIO leadership circles. You will develop and/or build on existing thought leadership content from the ET, IT, Sales, and Marketing teams to socialize with external community members as part of agreed upon Customer Lifecycle touchpoints.
- Your role will accelerate our solution delivery for our customers (internal and external). Your player-coach leadership touch will leave teammates inspired by your ability to solve big problems and roll up your sleeves to dive into the details.
- You will identify crucial decisions blocked by lack of clarity, create appropriate process improvement, and bring stakeholders together to drive alignment and execution.
- You will collaborate with internal teams (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, People, etc), to understand the organization and its goals, and ensure a coordinated strategy to meet support and development operations goals.
- You will define and manage operational reporting and value metrics to maximize returns across initiatives.
- You will drive financial and headcount forecast and management processes for the CIO org, in partnership with FP&A and HR business partners, and drive long-term workforce planning (incl. Geo location strategy).
- You will drive content development of CIO leadership meetings, offsites, forums, and communications (including thought leadership) for the CIO and the business.
- You will recruit and work with volunteers across the CIO org to drive employee engagement and internal events (e.g. social calendar, teaming activities, lunch & learns, all hands).
- Relevant experience with a successful track record as an operational leader in a CIO org, and/or directly-related management consulting, professional services, and/or technology industry experiences in designing, leading, and driving meaningful business impact as an operational leader.
- You have empathy for what it takes for the CIO org to support both our enterprise and external customers, and are doggedly proactive about reducing barriers for the organization as a visionary and inspirational leader.
- You are data driven, can set the right performance indicators for systems support, quality, development operations, and are a metrics champion who is able to measure and report team performance.
- Proven ability to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- You are able to build deep and trusted relationships across departments and teams to build a community.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $196,000 - $265,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.