SMB Solutions Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to help streamline every part of Asana’s sales process and be the primary customer-facing voice of our Product and Engineering teams in their region.
As a Solutions Engineer you will play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the value of Asana. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications, and technical objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Sales team and ensure they constantly move towards a close.
The Solutions Engineering team at Asana explores the art of the possible with prospects and demonstrates the path to get there with Asana. Sometimes, there is no obvious answer to the pains that customers face and it takes someone with an entrepreneurial, creative, and whole systems mindset to solve these ambiguous problems.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Be a key voice of the customer back to the Product team as you will identify and help overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued enterprise sales growth
- Provide technical expertise to help the customer achieve great things
- Help to strategize the largest revenue opportunities at Asana
- Position Asana solution within the market space as a market leader
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor for colleagues and customers
- Work with internal product stakeholders to deliver customer feedback and deliver solutions back to the customer
- Work cross-functionally with the entire business (Sales, Product, Security, User Operations, Customer Success, Engineering)
- 2+ years in a Sales Engineering role (or similar) in a SaaS environment.
- A storyteller who is comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting.
- A deep technical curiosity and understanding of how IT systems work in a business context as well as familiarity with BI tools and deep knowledge of a SAAS ecosystem
- Experience with creating custom demos from scratch which mirror customer needs and running customer POCs (Proof of Concepts)
- Experience responding to technical questions and security requirements from customers and comfortable speaking towards SSO/SAML/AD and other identity authentication protocols
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience showcasing the power of APIs in customer conversations
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful “lead → customer” transitions and long-term, successful partnerships.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $117,000 - $143,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.