Senior Data Scientist, Dependency Planning
We are hiring a Product Data Scientist for the Coordinate Area in New York to join our new Dependency Planning team. The Coordinate Area has a mission to make it effortless to plan work, do work, and adapt plans together as a team. The Dependency Planning team's vision is to enable teams to plan their work and adapt those plans effortlessly in real-time. The team will achieve their vision by allowing users to model & visualize the relationships between projects, tasks, and time. As a data scientist for this team, you will be critical in informing the team's product strategy and roadmap through rigorous data analyses and insights.
The Data Science team at Asana is instrumental in enabling Asana's mission by instilling a data-influenced approach to building the product or business strategy, defining and measuring success metrics, learning, and iterating to deliver value to our users. Data Scientists closely partner with Product, Business, Design, Engineering, and other Data team members. We leverage experimentation, statistical modelling and machine learning techniques, causal inference, and data storytelling to deepen our understanding of Asana customers and make optimal decisions to drive more business value.
This role is based in our New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
- Thinking deeply about how to measure and track success for a set of products with a complex and nuanced customer value
- Performing and evangelizing strategic analysis to help inform the future of work for our area
- Guide the teams' understanding of how our customers use and adopt dependency & planning features within Asana
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Strong ability in managing stakeholders, communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories.
- Experience in scoping and planning projects with stakeholders and driving technical execution.
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.