Inbound Sales Development Representative, APAC
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for our Sales team by engaging with existing Asana users, as well as new contacts associated with high value accounts. Using outreach emails, phone calls, and social media, you will connect with these targeted contacts using the best possible messaging and responsible for refining our GTM approach.
You will be an Asana brand ambassador, acting as the foundational entry-point for our customers, guiding them through their initial interactions with our sales teams. As an SDR, you’re on the promotional fast-track within the Asana sales organization. This is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales and work with a product-centric team that is perfecting a newer (and more profitable) technology sales engine.
This role is based in our Singapore office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Mondays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics. Your primary accountability is to convert leads with the highest buying propensity into sales qualified opportunities to generate pipeline for Asana revenue org
- Prospect into leads through a variety of channels including outbound calls, email and social, while adhering to KPIs including talk time, speed to lead, meetings set, sales qualified opportunities and pipeline
- Conduct pre-discovery qualification calls and manage AE handoff process
- Participate in team meetings as the subject matter expert for funnel activity within key accounts with the ability to advise cross-functional peers with insights
- Provide a great customer experience for Asana’s prospective customers
- Conduct qualification meetings with new prospects and set up discovery meetings with ICP qualified prospects
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce
- Consistently reinventing outreach strategies to optimise our lead conversion rates in specific countries across APAC.
- At least 6 months experience in inbound or outbound sales development within APAC markets with an interest in growing into a career in Software Sales (SaaS)
- Passion for technology and an ability to speak knowledgeably about the industry
- Excellent writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Clear communication, a deep sense of empathy, and a commitment to integrity
An analytical thinker who can see trends across vast amounts of data
- A self starter who can diagnose inefficiencies and optimise processes to maximise results
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between 49,500 SDG - 60,500 SGD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.