Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
The time is right for financial products to do better so you can make the most of your income. EarnUp is on a mission to create a financial system that works for everyone by transforming the loan payments ecosystem into a key driver for achieving financial wellness. We do this through our customer centric and data driven payments platform. Our platform offers flexibility in payment schedules while intelligently automating mortgage payments to help our users pay off loans faster. We are a dedicated and diverse team of hardworking innovators working to help people get out of debt. Come help us disrupt the $20 trillion debt market we have today and let’s make a difference together.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join the engineering team in our Costa Rica office. You will design, build, extend, refactor, maintain, and monitor critical systems across a variety of projects while developing the next-generation platform for consumer finance management. Your team owns the services that power Earnup.com and you will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements while guiding architecture and delivery of software products. You have a passion for delivering robust software systems and are driven to deliver incredible customer experiences.
- Design, build, manage, maintain, and monitor our systems and data
- Configure and optimize services for performance and scale
- Work with our product team to scope new features
- Automate data quality and system health checks
- Build accurate and clear user documentation
- Work with rest of the engineering teams to build product features
- Mentor junior engineers and lead technical development
- Lead technical integrations with our financial partners
What you bring:
- 5+ years professional experience
- Expertise using Python for backend development
- Expertise using React.js for frontend development
- Familiar with SQL (Postgres, SQL Server)
- Passionate about code quality, testing and automation
- Strong distributed systems experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Familiar with microservice architecture, development, and deployment
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Experience with critical infra or financial applications preferred
- Ensure correctness in a production environment
Diversity is in our DNA. At EarnUp, diversity is not only accepted and respected, it’s celebrated and it is critical to our success. We foster an environment for exceptional people which includes a sense of belonging for all.
- EarnUp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**EarnUp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations@EarnUp.com