Senior Product Designer
Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. We’ve built a product that users love, and we plan to keep it that way by continuing to empathize with users and help them overcome challenges.
The Design Team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join in our mission of deeply understanding our users and designing the right tools and experiences for them. Designing at Elation is humbling, challenging, and rewarding. Our users do work that affects human lives, and our tools can make or break that work.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Partner closely with product managers and engineers to ship amazing user experiences
- Understand a complex industry and user
- Conduct user research to understand user problems
- Drive ideation, gather stakeholder feedback, and perform user testing
- Devise simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Own and iterate UX, UI, and visual design and deliver thorough specs
- Clarify, adapt, and ensure quality of designs as they are being implemented
- Monitor and learn from shipped products “in the wild”
- Own key design initiatives that expand our capacity as a design team (e.g. improve our
research function, systematize core knowledge about our user, improve design tools and
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure a clear, efficient and consistent experience for
- Instill design thinking in our company's culture and communicate key insights about our
- Leverage design skills to fill gaps and solve problems across the company
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years of web-based product design & research experience, during which you’ve
shipped your designs to production (and real end-users have interacted with them)
- A strong online portfolio. The strongest portfolios will demonstrate how you are able to
navigate from a complex problem space(s) to an intuitive, human-centered customer
experiences, and show a healthy understanding of UX, UI & visual design principles &
- Experience conducting rigorous user research
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in design-related tools like Figma
- Experience in healthcare is a plus
SALARY RANGE: $140,000- 165,000 USD
Elation welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. Elation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and value individuals with diverse perspectives including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Elation also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We firmly believe a strong culture that supports a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to achieve Elation’s mission of helping independent primary care thrive.
As a healthcare technology company whose mission is to support IPCPs and frontline healthcare workers, and as a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Elation Health has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Elation will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide People Ops (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.