Associate Director/Director of Engineering Delivery
What you’ll do:
Ethic is looking for a strong Director of Engineering Delivery to help us deliver the next generation of sustainable asset management platforms. You will collaborate to refine and enhance our current agile processes. You’ll work closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Client and Investment SMEs to innovate and deliver the features.
- Plan, coordinate, execute, communicate, deliver and release sophisticated cross-team engineering initiatives
- Identify and address gaps, bottlenecks, dependencies and impediments for cross-team work
- Identify key cross-team decisions and facilitate discussions and consensus
- Help define scope and explain trade-offs for delivery and process improvements
- Facilitate a collaborative, open and transparent environment
- Handle progress, risks and issues with teams and stakeholders
Who you are:
- You prioritize building strong relationships, and enjoying the journey
- You’re kind, curious, and interested in other people’s perspectives
- You enjoy solving hard problems and learning from others along the way
- You’re inventive and excited about building something new
- You’re passionate about positively impacting the future of our planet and humanity
What you’ll offer:
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Substantial depth and breadth of experience leading delivery of large scale software
- Expert knowledge of software development practices and methodologies
- Experience in guiding implementation of product development methods and processes, including training and coaching teams
- Experience in iteratively improving the process, practices, and methods used to develop and deliver software
- Strong ownership and experience seeing projects through
- Strong understanding of web based microservice architecture on the cloud
- Experience with Asset Management beneficial but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain sophisticated concepts to a variety of collaborators
Ethic is working toward a future where all investing is sustainable investing. We empower wealth advisors and investors to create portfolios that seek to align personal values with financial goals.
Our team is committed to fostering an environment that brings together many different voices, perspectives and lived experiences to accelerate the global transition to sustainable investing.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation at Ethic is a combination of base salary, equity (stock options) in the company, and benefits.
The base salary will range from $175,000 - $210,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Our benefits package includes;
- Medical, dental & vision insurance – premiums 100% covered by Ethic
- Unlimited paid time off
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- An annual wellness & education stipend
- Sponsored employee resource groups
- Regular lunch & learns and volunteering opportunities
- A fully-stocked office in lower Manhattan + the flexibility to regularly work remotely
Location: New York, NY
Submit an application:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit both a resume and cover letter below.
Ethic values the diversity of our team and encourages applications from all backgrounds and life experiences. In order to continuously grow a diverse team, we are taking a data-driven approach to understanding and iterating our hiring practices. Please complete the demographic survey below to support us in doing so.