Supervisor, Technical Operations
IT, People & HR, Operations
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an experienced technician to lead the team responsible for processing and executing experimental cell build requests of our full scale product. In this role, you will work as a part of our Technical Operations’ Build team to prioritize, schedule, and troubleshoot prototype full scale cell builds for our iron-air batteries. This is a great opportunity to apply your mentorship and training experience towards helping to tackle climate change!
What You'll Do:
- Manage the full scale cell build process with responsibility for work prioritization, scheduling, and build quality
- Coordinate with our Battery Products, Cell Development, and TechOps Process teams to integrate new materials and cell designs into the build line
- Develop, train and mentor a team of 4-6 technicians; serve as a mentor, instructor, and teacher for technicians and junior engineers
- Facilitate and document new prototype build processes while continuously improving existing production processes
- Maintain the full scale area, equipment, and general materials flow through our process; coordinate equipment maintenance with the facilities and engineering teams
- Recommend as well as lead in the installation and assembly of new equipment or tools
What You'll Bring:
- 1+ years of experience leading high-functioning teams of 4-10 people in a manufacturing or R&D setting
- 5+ years working in an R&D assembly environment with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing; experience implementing lean process flows
- Experience with SOPs, WIs, documentation of key quality metrics, and general materials flow
- Effective cross-team communication skills
- Strong sense of patience and safety in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort using digital tools, ticketing systems, and experience with CAD software
Form Energy is an authorized DoD SkillBridge partner and welcomes all transitioning military members to apply.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?