Senior Data Architect
Journeys Metabolic™ is enabling patients with metabolic disorders to live their fullest life in obesity and T2 diabetes reversal. Our health equity-focused clinical and technical teams have developed the first interoperable, provider-designed behavior modification program for health systems and ACO’s as a bridge from fee-for-service to value-based care. With large language models, we are building unique behavioral archetypes for all patient populations to drive optimal patient outcomes and health system financial outcomes. Journeys Metabolic™, the company born out of the merger of Readout Health and Well-Being, works with the world’s leading health systems and researchers in carb restrictive therapies in a platform aimed at nutrition-related disorders.
With a launch in mid-2023, venture-backed Journeys Metabolic™ is recruiting a Sr Data Architerct to bring the Journeys Metabolic™ digital program for health systems to life, enabling patients to improve their life. This data professional will focus on the architecture, development, and delivery of data structures to support the development of advanced data science modeling, application reporting/dashboard development and will work in partnership with the systems integration team in overall support of the Journeys Metabolic platform.
- Determines architectural requirements and designs and develops the back end software architecture for the Journeys Metabolic platform
- Optimize database performance and ensure data integrity, security, and availability across multiple environments
- Develop and maintain data models, database schemas, and metadata repositories
- Create and maintain documentation related to database architecture, design, and implementation
- Determines solutions to integrate external data sources with platform application architecture
- Evaluates and identifies specifications, best practices, integration and proper use of emerging technology as they relate to overall software architecture
- Partnering with Product, Clinical, and Engineering Development teams to develop data framework, structures, and workflow to enable success of the Platform
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline or 7 years of experience in data engineering with increasing levels of complexity
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modeling, under rules of data governance
- Proven experience in architecture and design of enterprise data solutions, in support of application development, analytics ,and data science modeling
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive software solutions
- Proficient in building processes supporting data transformations, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Proficient at writing scalable automated unit test and data validation frameworks
- Extensive background and expertise in developing and managing data technologies, and understanding of best practice principles of data DevOps and Agile development
- Passionate about delivering superior healthcare outcomes across a diverse population of patients
- Deep knowledge of and strong experience with leveraging microservices and API-based solutions such as Azure Functions
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare interoperability data architecture with recent experience with FHIR
- Proficient with message queuing and stream processing
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Journeys Metabolic™, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups that reflect the diverse and underserved patient population we support. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the lives of patients long-term.
- Resumes should be sent to email@example.com