Senior Software Engineer
myLaurel is the leader in home-based acute care, tailored for the needs of frail and complex patients. Our Recovery at HomeTM and Rapid Advanced CareTM models provide unmatched readmission prevention and utilization reduction for high-risk populations. By providing at-home and virtual services, patients avoid the conventional acute care journey from ER to admission to post-acute care, creating dramatic cost savings, avoiding hospital-acquired conditions and radically improving patient and caregiver experiences.
The Senior Software Engineer role will be joining a growing Product and Engineering team working on creating systems and tooling that support the delivery of care by our healthcare providers, field responders, and patient coordination teams.
The Senior Software Engineer role would be responsible for supporting both the front and backend build out of our core web applications; aiding in the development of our data pipelines and models; and supporting the continued efforts to integrate different SaaS and software platforms into a seamless and unified user experience.
The most important characteristic of our software engineers is that they are able to understand our business and operational needs and apply creative problem solving while recognizing that technology is not the end goal, but rather a tool for helping us give extraordinary care to people who need it most.
- Development Excellence:
- Design, develop, and deploy robust, scalable, and performant code.
- Ensure the stability of these solutions with comprehensive unit and integration tests.
- Integration Expertise:
- Achieve seamless integration of software and SaaS platforms, enhancing the overall user experience.
- Data Stewardship:
- Spearhead the growth and refinement of our databases, curate our data models, and streamline our data pipelines.
- Engage closely with Product Management to provide clarity in scoping and requirements.
- Offer early and valuable engineering input during user and use-case discussions with non-engineering teams.
- System Reliability:
- Participate in on-call rotations, ensuring that our platforms remain reliable and efficient for all users.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a full spectrum of stakeholders, from medical staff and engineers to senior leadership
- Ability to plan for and consistently achieve constant, incremental improvement to our platform week over week
- Flexibility and creativity in solving technical challenges
- Comfort with evolving processes (as we grow as a team & company)
- Expertise in both software development and workflow design
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment
- Track record of accountability for work
- Experience with software development in healthcare or other highly-regulated industries (such as finance)
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience working with:
- Familiarity with the following preferred but not required:
- Working with ETL/ELT pipelines
- API Development
- SOC2 Standards
- We are a remote-first company with occasional travel for company on-sites.
- We operate primarily on East Coast Standard Time (EST), +/- 1 hour.
- This role will require prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be based in the US
- Remote, but based in the US