Senior Technical Program Manager
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Program Manager, Professional Services.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help Twilio’s largest and highest impact customers successfully launch production solutions using Twilio’s products and APIs. You will create and drive software launch plans, timelines, and solution designs that help customers efficiently and successfully drive their projects to production. You anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, and provide effective escalation management. Even better, you love to analyze data and have built tools to monitor and track launch metrics on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis. Ultimately, you will create a great experience for Twilio customers and help Twilio services scale to make even more customers wildly successful!
In this role, you’ll:
- Enable the Twilio Professional Services team to bring deep implementation experience to the top customers in your market, creating marquee implementations and customer relationships that fuel Twilio’s growth for years to come.
- Lead implementations for our top customers on paid professional services engagements.
- Work with high impact customers and partners, solving technical challenges while fostering confidence in our platform.
- Create project plans that help customers efficiently and successfully drive their projects to production, and oversee their implementation with a combination of on-site and remote meetings.
- Serve as an important advocate for customer needs, relaying information back to sales, product, support, and others.
- Travel when needed to run discovery and project planning sessions with customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years experience in Project Management, able to run a full customer engagement from kickoff to acceptance.
- Experience working with APIs and cloud-based technologies, familiar with software development methodologies.
- Experience with architecting for scale, resilience and security, and have successfully launched and managed multiple complex software development projects in your career.
- Familiar with at least one major contact center solution.
This role will be remote, and based in Sydney, Australia.
Approximately 50% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.