Staff Software Engineer - Identity
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to take Twilio's Identity and Access Management Platform to the next level. You will be part of an experienced team building and complex, high-scale, highly-available distributed systems that all Twilio products build on top of. Our team has end-to-end ownership of services that process billions of requests per day.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build APIs, storage systems, cache layers and complex workflows to support complex business logic.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Product Owners and Designers.
- Participate in agile development with rapid, iterative, frequently deployed applications.
- Lead and mentor other engineers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with asynchronous communications and multi-threading concepts and languages.
- Experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- Very strong understanding of REST APIs.
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM.
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification.
- Experience with IAM cloud directory products such as Google Cloud Directory, or Azure directory services.
This role will be based remotely in Spain.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.