Principal Product Manager (L5) - Segment Compute Platform
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Product Manager for the Segment Compute Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Segment is the world’s leading CDP with over 20,000 customers today, with a focus on customer data infrastructure to power amazing customer experiences—data up versus campaign down. The demand for customer data infrastructure is set to grow +34.6% YoY to $15.6B by 2026. Globally, 93% of companies are expecting to grow their CDP budget over the next 3 years. This presents an amazing opportunity to capture this market opportunity and continue to lead the CDP space.
This position is needed to lead a strategic product area for Segment: Compute Platform. Segment’s core data foundation processes trillions of events per month and the compute platform helps marketing, product, and engineering teams calculate traits and perform audience segmentation
The Compute Platform PM will work with 3 immediate teams on our batch compute engine, our rea-ltime engine, and our interfaces team to scale and re-define the platform for use across the Twilio portfolio of products. Today Segment and Engage are the primary beneficiaries of this platform, but there is huge potential for Flex and other Twilio products in the works. This role will help take Twilio to the next level of growth, while working with some of the world's leading organizations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive the strategic direction and coordinate efforts around the Compute platform, including leading strategy around scale and activation across Twilio products
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment on the best strategic direction and market opportunities to tackle first, and liaising between Go-to-market (GTM,) Legal, Security and Marketing.
- Work directly with an incredibly talented team of distributed system engineers and to help scale our platform for the next 5 years of growth
- Interface with some of Segment’s largest enterprise customers to help them integrate the Compute platform into their own applications
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience: 5-8 years of product experience
- Experience with highly technical, multi-workstream product launches; distributed systems or heavy data/infrastructure products a plus
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You are organized and comfortable working with exec-level stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers and internal teams alike.
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, security, or the customer.
- You can run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
This role will be Remote and based in the US. Please note this position is not eligible to be hired in the SF Bay Area.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $176,052.00 - $220,065.00.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $186,408.00 - $233,010.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.