Senior Tax Integration Analyst
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next as a Senior Tax Analyst
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to investigate and resolve any transactional tax issues that occur in the Accounts Payable invoices integration with the Avalara tax engine. You will provide expert guidance on the implementation, configuration, and usage of Avalara tax automation software. You will serve as a subject matter expert, troubleshooting issues and offer solutions related to tax compliance, VAT, and other tax-related matters. This will primarily be with the integration between Oracle Accounts Payables and Avalara - across various countries. You will also engage and advise on tax initiatives involving Avalara that may be proposed by the global Twilio business.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide timely and effective support to the business via Zoom, Slack, email, and other communication channels
- Develop a deep understanding of Avalara tax engine, as used by Twilio
- Assist the Tax and AP business user teams by configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting tax automation solutions.
- Investigate and resolve internal customer inquiries, issues, and concerns related to tax calculations, integrations, and compliance.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation, including FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and best practices.
- Conduct training sessions for clients on how to effectively use Avalara software and stay updated on tax regulations.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams such as IT, business – AP and tax teams, to ensure stakeholder success.
- Work in an AGILE manner as the team pivots to a SAFe working model with story intake, iteration planning and execution.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 5+ years experience working with Avalara tax automation software or similar tax technology with Oracle / major ERP.
- Strong understanding of sales tax, VAT, and other tax compliance regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and provide effective solutions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Comfortable to work across time zones – bulk of users in EMEA region
- Certification in Avalara software or relevant tax certifications.
- Experience in a US / EMEA client-facing support role.
- AGILE or SAFe experience
This role will be based in India.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.