Senior Back-End Engineer
At UpLift, we believe mental health is just as important as physical health. We're rethinking the mental healthcare model to make it more accessible. While 1 in 5 Americans struggle with mental health issues, only 40% get care because of barriers like cost, distance, information, and the stigma associated with it. Providers want to meet and support more people—but only 30% of therapists accept insurance because of complex and slow approval systems. UpLift bridges clients, providers, and insurers, so everyone can find great mental health care at an affordable rate. We use technology to deliver personalized provider matches, so clients have the agency to select the right provider for them.
Backed by Redesign Health, B Capital, and more, we have brought affordable and accessible mental health care to clients and are looking for driven and empathetic new team members to help us as we scale to new markets in 2023 and beyond. Our founders and leaders come from other high-growth healthcare startups, such as Cityblock Health, Clover, Oscar Health and hims & hers.
Benefits We Offer
- Remote and flexible working environment: work from anywhere in the US!
- Competitive compensation packages in line with industry standards
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with $0 monthly premium options
- 18 days PTO and 12 paid company holidays
- Bi-annual performance reviews & development plans
- Complimentary One Medical Membership
- Fully paid parental leave
- Annual “work from home” stipend
About the Role
As a Senior Back-End Engineer at UpLift, you will join a world-class group of operators, strategists, and business leaders bringing together a responsive web patient experience and an efficient, easy to use tooling platform for mental health professionals. If you are interested in health care, love moving from zero-to-one, and want to help set the engineering direction for the team to come, we’re excited to talk to you. This role reports into our VP of Engineering.
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern web tools and techniques enhancing our platform capabilities by making key technical decisions, improving and adapting our development process, and making overall architecture recommendations to support a rapidly increasing org.
- Implement established software development best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging, and deploying maintainable technical solutions.
- Use technical analytical skills, from load balancing API endpoints to database query performance, and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Communicate engineering risks and challenges to non-technical team members to ensure we are coming up with the right solutions.
- Ensure all code is version controlled according to industry standards and best practices.
- Remain current on knowledge and skills necessary for software development, including programming tools, development techniques, and related technologies.
- Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, follow adopted methodologies and lead to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
- 3-8 years of software engineering experience focused on backend development in Python
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies (AWS), relational database (Postgres, MySQL) and DevOps services (AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD)
- Experience with automated testing and quality assurance, with an eye to API performance (Flood.io, Artillery, Datadog)
- Demonstrable experience designing and building and deploying RESTful APIs for consumption; code samples and/or active GitHub repositories available for review
- Understanding of security in a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance) with attention to SOC2 compliance
- Experience in health-tech a plus
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
- Manage Complexity. Documents work. Reuses patterns. Translates complex business logic into elegant code.
This role is remote and offers a full-time salary of $130,000-$160,000 plus benefits & equity.
Something looks off?