Fleet Operations Manager
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Fleet Operations Manager on Via’s Transit-as-a-Service (TaaS) Operations team, you’ll be responsible for managing fleet operations using our innovative technology platform. You’ll manage day-to-day fleet operations and oversee the condition of the fleet while driving continuous improvement and efficiency of our operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure Via’s partners’ fleets are maintained in excellent condition by proactively managing day-to-day operations to meet key performance indicators
- Coordinate, track, and prioritize maintenance work with partners, vendors, and local fleet leads
- Communicate real-time status updates and provide visibility into fleet performance internally and externally
- Manage stakeholder relations and build strong working relationships with partners, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop scalable processes and tools to increase operating efficiency and performance
- Generate reports and work with data to provide insights on fleet performance
- Travel to local and regional operations throughout the US (several times a quarter)
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Experienced in project management, creating and refining operational processes, or fleet operations management
- An outgoing and sociable leader; skilled at communicating professionally with colleagues, partners, vendors, and driver partners from a broad range of backgrounds
- Adept at prioritizing and working on multiple different initiatives with various stakeholders at a given time
- Willing to wear multiple hats and contribute and take initiative on projects of all types
- Hold a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
Compensation and Benefits: (NYC, CA, CO, WA Only)
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.