Climate Impact Specialist - Solo Driver - Air Quality Mapping - Chicago - PT, Temp
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Do you care about climate change? Do you care about air quality in your community?
We are looking for mission-aligned drivers to map air quality. Be part of our team collecting hyperlocal and actionable pollution data!
In this position you will drive our air sensor-equipped vehicles through assigned locations. The instruments in the vehicle measure the air continuously as you drive. This position is as a solo driver. You will be the only person in the vehicle.
Aclima is pioneering an entirely new way to diagnose the health of our air and track climate-changing pollution. Powered by our network of roving and stationary sensors, Aclima measures air pollution and greenhouse gasses at unprecedented scales and block-by-block resolution. Our professional analytics software, Aclima Pro, translates billions of scientific measurements into environmental intelligence for governments, companies, and communities. Our free app, air.health, maps address-level air and climate insights for the communities we serve. Aclima is a purpose-driven technology company catalyzing bold climate action that protects public health, reduces emissions, and delivers clean air for all.
Aclima is one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World and #1 in Data Science, a TIME Best Invention, Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, a Fast Company 2022 World Changing Idea, a WEF Technology Pioneer, and one of the top 100 companies in GovTech for 2022 and 2023. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn.
We are proudly a woman and BIPOC-founded and led company.
- Part time, Temp (3 months)
- $22.00 per hour
- Consistent schedule & hours (Thu-Mon 1am-5am)
- Drive a company vehicle during shift with expenses covered
- Potential for overtime, based on needs
- Monthly Safe Driving Bonus: Ability to earn additional $1 per hour worked
- Part time driving (solo driving, no deliveries)
- Determine the most efficient paths to cover assigned territory
- Perform routine operational checks on the vehicle and Aclima system
- Assist remote team with troubleshooting while on the road
- Additional duties as assigned
- Valid IL Class D driver license with clean driving record (no points on license)
- Valid driver license for at least 3 consecutive years
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- Safe driving habits and willingness to follow all state traffic laws
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Punctual and reliable
- Experienced and confident with mobile technology, including tablets
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.