Ohio | LISW, LIMFT, LPCC, LICDC or LCDC III | Telehealth Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Telehealth Substance Use Disorder Counselor - Remote
Affect Therapeutics, the first evidence-based, digital recovery program for stimulant use, combines mobile technology, behavioral support and medical care to help our Members in their recovery and sobriety journey. We support our Members virtually, meeting them where they are, and empowering them to overcome their substance addictions.
Affect Therapeutics is seeking strong, empathic telehealth Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselors who want to change the way the world treats stimulant and alcohol addiction. By sharing our values of Empathy, Passion and Accountability the Affect team strives to provide the skills to help each of our Members reach sobriety. The Counselor meets with Members via virtual meeting technology for one-to-one meetings and group meeting sessions, responds to Member’s needs and family questions, and works closely and collaboratively with the larger Member Services team.
***You must have one of the verifiable license in Ohio: LISW, LIMFT, LPCC, LICDC or LCDC III.***
Flexible schedule with potential for 4 day work week.
This is a remote, work from home position.
About the Role:
A Member’s total treatment experience consists of counselor coaching, meeting with our providers and speaking with our care coordinators. Our SUD Counselors are the experts on addiction and recovery and coaching our Members to set action steps forward for themselves. Meanwhile, providers are asked to focus on what they do best: medication management. By putting seasoned, compassionate SUD Counselors in the lead, we can deliver care that is easily accessible, affordable and superior to others.
As an Affect telehealth SUD Counselor you will manage a schedule and caseload that supports the needs of your state of Ohio (and additional states) while continually developing your clinical skill set and knowledge of Affect Therapeutics roles and responsibilities as it relates to the clinical service model. This will include:
- Unlock great clinical outcomes for our Members by adhering to Affect Therapeutics policies and providing consistent, superior care.
- Conduct intake assessments to evaluate individuals’ appropriateness for our program.
- Use clinical tools (urine drug screens, treatment plans, counseling, etc.) to monitor clinical progress and promote and support recovery.
- Lead weekly group therapy sessions that build recovery skills and foster community by utilizing the outlined curriculum.
- Conduct weekly individual Member one on one sessions.
- Provide individual support, as needed, such as crisis intervention, referrals to other resources, and liaising with outside parties involved in the member’s treatment.
- Measure the effectiveness of one's own clinical practice, using outcome measures, and client feedback.
- Practice within state, federal, and provincial laws/regulations and professional ethical standards, including following HIPAA and (42 CFR pt 2) CRF regulations.
- Actively work to ensure cultural diversity is preserved and upheld.
- Utilize our custom EMR to thoroughly document members’ progress and clinician interactions in a manner that is efficient and value-added, fully digitized, and never bureaucratic.
- Participate in discharge decisions, in coordination with the clinical supervisor, based on member progress in treatment.
- Engage in constructive and effective clinical supervision.
- Participate in internal and external training required for upkeep of licensure and actively working towards professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Required licensure for Ohio: LISW, LIMFT, LPCC, LICDC or LCDC III
- Minimum two years of experience leading group therapy in a SUD setting.
- Have a passion for helping others who are seeking to recover or sustain their sobriety and deeply invested in Member’s success.
- Empathetic manner to work with Members who may have multiple personal and emotional challenges that may impact the Member’s focus and ability for a lifestyle of sobriety.
- High comfort level with technology, including EMR, email, software and mobile apps (e.g., Google Suite/Apps).
- Authentic, caring and inspiring—and able to maintain appropriate boundaries and accountability.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with people.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Ability to make high quality clinical decisions that align with Affect Therapeutics’ policies and procedures, counseling manual, and counseling curriculum.
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do, working collaboratively with providers, Member Care team, and other professional colleagues.
- A team player and willing to put the Affect team above self.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work 1 - 2 evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities; these are made on a case-by-case basis. While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, and will assess the details of any criminal conviction in a manner consistent with applicable law. No background check will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been made to an applicant.
The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to exemptions as required by applicable law).
How We Support You
Affect is on a mission to change the way the world treats stimulant addiction. We are a dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about serving our Members, and just as passionate about creating an intentional culture and community with each other. We recognize that every single one of us are on our own journey's towards well being and are creating an environment to support that in ourselves and our Members. On top of that, we offer comprehensive medical benefits, paid vacation, remote work, company social events, and professional development and growth opportunities at a quickly growing startup for a massive societal problem.
Come join our team!!