Chief Commercial Officer
California, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
We’re currently seeking a Chief Commercial Officer to join our extraordinary team.
What we are looking for in you:
The Chief Commercial Officer, reports directly to our CEO. The Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for developing and executing the commercial strategy for Air Protein. This role will play a vital part launching a revolutionary new platform into the market: the world’s first air-based ingredients and products. The CCO will create a new category of food, where Air Protein will dominate. The CCO will be responsible for establishing strategic partnerships with food companies to co-develop new ingredients and products. Additionally, the CCO will develop branded products to demonstrate that customers love our offerings and will buy repeatedly to drive B2B sales for growth.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy aligned with the company's vision and objectives, focusing on revenue generation through development projects, buzz-worthy go-to-market strategies with food service customers, and MOUs/LOIs for supply agreements for larger volumes.
- Lead the development of a category where Air Protein can dominate.
- Build a strong brand, driving consumer demand.
- Leverage scarcity and our strong value proposition to create and lead a high media-worthy market launch
- Establish strategic partnerships and joint development projects in the food industry, incorporating our protein ingredients into a variety of food products.
- Secure customers and supply agreements for future facility expansion
What you must have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a track record of creating new categories and leveraging existing ones.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a record of driving a high-performance culture.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close high-value deals.
- Experience in a start-up or similar setting, with a demonstrated ability to scale from 0 to1.
- Experience in the food industry and existing knowledge or proven ability to rapidly ramp
to understand current market trends.
- The Chief Commercial Officer's primary objective is to launch our revolutionary way to make food into the market. The CCO will build and grow our brand by securing our first customers and partnerships and crafting high buzz-worthy go-to-market campaigns. This role involves a balanced focus on business development, sales, and marketing activities to drive first-to-the world products.
- Develop and implement a commercial strategy that aligns with our corporate vision and objectives, fostering innovative solutions for growth and scaling our product offerings in the food industry.
- Operate in a lean, start-up environment, where resourcefulness is championed.
- Manage cross-functional teams, fostering a high-performance culture that enables the team to meet or exceed go-to-market and sales targets..
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the food industry to facilitate the integration of our proprietary protein ingredients into their food products and/or co-develop new foods.
- Develop a strong category and brand strategy that effectively communicates our unique value proposition, thus driving consumer demand and market share.
- Leverage data and analytics to understand market trends, identify opportunities for growth, and inform business decisions.
- Manage budget allocations across all commercial activities to ensure a high return on investment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Health Benefits, including ancillary benefits and HSA/FSA programs
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Parental Bonding Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match up to 4%
- Employee Equity
- Employee Development
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Weekly All-Hands Meetings
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer:
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
About Air Protein:
Imagine a protein company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make protein. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based protein to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
World Economic Forum:Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer