Accounting & Finance
California, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
You will work with our accounting team to ensure our organization’s expenditures are accurate and our accounting practices are standardized across the organization to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
What you will be doing
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements, verify vendor accounts, and resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements to ensure payments have been made and resolve any differences.
- Provide internal customer support to team members as necessary, including researching status of payments, POs, and invoices.
- Aid in the final development and rollout of the internal procurement process and once implemented, perform tasks related to the procurement process.
- Assist Controller with month-end close and other projects, as needed, which may include fixed asset tracking and depreciation, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure that all vendors have the required tax identification and W- 9 information on file and prepare 1099 reporting.
- Identify and propose process efficiencies to bring to the organization.
- Assist other members of the Finance & Accounting team as directed.
What you must have
- Proficiency in accounting standards and practices.
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite software.
- QuickBooks Online, bill, and Divvy knowledge is a plus (not required, you can learn it here!)
- Fanatical attention to detail, organized, dependable.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and complete routine tasks and special projects assigned within identified time frames.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a team.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education or experience.
- Ability to work in start-up environment, flexible and adaptable to changes to planned tasks or schedule.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Health Benefits, including ancillary benefits and HSA/FSA programs
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Parental Bonding Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match up to 4%
- Employee Equity
- Employee Development
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Weekly All-Hands Meetings
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer:
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
About Air Protein:
Imagine a protein company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make protein. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based protein to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
World Economic Forum:Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer