Engineering Manager, Distributed Data Services
We are looking for an engineering manager that is passionate about helping their team members contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. You will focus on developing your team through compassionate leadership and nurturing a growth mindset. You are as enthusiastic about building your team through mentoring, coaching, and hiring as you are about the challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Distributed Data Services team (a.k.a LunaDb internally) builds, maintains, and scales Asana’s homegrown distributed query backend and distributed caching systems. These systems are responsible for the vast majority of the data that is being served by the Asana application and are used by product engineers to quickly develop product features on top of Asana’s rich work graph in a performant and reliable way. The team’s charter includes the reliability and reactivity components of the data serving layer of Asana, powering our web application, mobile apps, and API. Each day, we combine industry best practices and innovation to support Asana and solve unique problems in the distributed systems that serve our customer's data.
In this role, you will lead and mentor a world-class team of engineers in building software systems to manage Asana’s data serving infrastructure, deploying and operating our distributed systems, and solving scaling challenges unique to our problem space.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage the distributed data services team with 5 engineers (and its future growth), including the technical lead
- Partner with the PM and cross-functional stakeholders to guide the articulation and execution of the strategic roadmap of the team, and its alignment with the vision of core infrastructure and Asana
- Help ensure that the data service infrastructure maintains high availability; help the team conduct root cause analyses and post mortems for system failures
- Help the team identify single points of failure and future risks, and proactively mitigate them; evolve our backend architecture to support Asana’s fast growth
- Recruit for and grow the team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Prior experience building and operating infrastructure and distributed systems at scale; (desirable) experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- 1-4 years of engineering management experience with relevant experience in planning/helping career progression and performance management of reports
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Experience collaborating with other engineering teams, PMs, and cross-functional partners on alignment and project execution
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $220,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.