Senior Software Engineer, iOS
We are the Mobile Foundations team at Asana - we empower Asana engineers to quickly build delightful & performant experiences. We are looking for an iOS engineer to help us accelerate our peer mobile teams who are crafting experiences for our Asana customers on-the-go. Our fullstack team is building frameworks, component libraries and tooling across our iOS/Android/Server stack. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that is a joy to work in by combining tried and true mobile best practices. You’ll delight our internal users with platform improvements to help them work efficiently and effortlessly. There will also be opportunities to work closely with our award-winning Design team, and supported by our world-class Product Managers. You’ll contribute to the technical direction of the app’s internals and the team’s workflows.
Software Engineers at Asana are quickly trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes through the Areas of Responsibility system. We expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with mutual support from your peers.
This role can either be fully remote depending on which US state you live in, or based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. If based in-office: Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about these options.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, implement, and support core mobile foundational tools, frameworks rooted in developer efficiency. There are also opportunities to collaborate closely with product managers, designers, data scientists, user researchers, and other engineers.
- Enable Asana’s Mobile teams to leverage the latest practices, tooling and SDKs.
- Champion best practices in product, system, and code design
- Mentor engineers who are newer in their career or developing new skills
- Support peer teams to ship features across web and mobile
- Own and contribute to AoRs (Areas Of Responsibility) as appropriate
- 4+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high-quality iOS applications, ideally using Swift
- Aware of the latest developments in the mobile space
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases
- Like to leave code better than you found it
- Passion for focusing on the end-user experience
- Experience building a complex software product in a team environment
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Good judgment for balancing scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $171,000 - $258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.