Design Program Manager
We are looking for an experienced Design Operations Program Manager who will evolve the Asana Design organization’s community, collaboration, and infrastructure of our work. As part of a product-driven and design-led company, Asana’s Design team is a collaborative group from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform.
This Design Program Manager is responsible for improving the velocity of the design organization through standards and rituals, ultimately ensuring we ship high quality features against our roadmap. You will create, own, and evolve key programs and operating rhythms that enable the team to scale and deliver exemplary product experiences in a creative, focused environment. This highly cross functional role reports into our Design Program Management lead and works in partnership with our design leadership team, product designers, product managers, engineers, and user experience researchers.
What you'll achieve
- Define and own the strategy, scoping, and execution for design roadmapping, end-to-end development process, quality, reviews, reporting, and other special projects as needed.
- Communicate and align with stakeholders to keep them informed on the team’s progress and goals
- Within your owned program areas, serve as the go-to liaison for program participants, stakeholders, and cross-functional partners
- Identify and predict potential obstacles and risks to key programs; seek to implement solutions and problem solve effectively
- Establish team rituals that ensure long term health and team cohesion
- Foster growth of our talented design community (read stories about us on the Asana Design team site!)
- Collaborate with Design Leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Ensure progress towards goals is clearly and consistently communicated by teams
- 5-10+ years relevant professional experience, including: design operations, design people operations, and/or project/program management of design deliverables
- Experience leading and supporting high-performing, collaborative design teams. Deep understanding of fundamentals of the product design development processes; knowledge of designers’ day to day, and design life cycle
- Demonstrated experience owning and leading multiple initiatives at the same time. Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
- Excellent systems thinker and demonstrated problem solving abilities. Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support.
- You love just the *right* amount of process and know when to be thorough vs scrappy
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your company as a whole
- BA/BS degree or higher
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $139,000 - $221,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.