Engineering Manager, Core Performance
The Core Performance team aims to make the Asana web application fast for our customers. To do that, the team directly contributes to performance improvements and investigations in key areas, while also empowering other Asana teams in making their products and systems fast. We leverage cutting-edge web performance technologies and methodologies and shape them to work within Asana’s unique infrastructure. Over the past couple of years, we’ve shipped projects like code splitting to improve our page load performance, led critical customer performance investigations, and maintained frameworks that are used daily by other engineering teams to monitor their feature’s performance.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the charge in making Asana’s web product fast, and making the Asana product teams move even faster in building a best-in-class product. This is a role that allows you to have organization-wide impact while being involved in a combination of technical, product, and organizational challenges.
- Manage and grow a team of 3 - 5 engineers working on frameworks, processes and culture
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development.
- Partner with the product manager, Asana product, frameworks, and infrastructure teams to identify, define, and execute on opportunities to make Asana fast.
- Contribute to organizational health initiatives outside of your team, either on engineering team level, or Asana-wide.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, 6+ years of experience working in software engineering.
- 1+ years of experience as a Technical Lead.
- You had experience managing technical initiatives aimed towards web performance or developer productivity, or you’re interested in building this expertise.
- You get things done across organizational and technical boundaries. You have experience driving large initiatives spanning across multiple teams in your current or previous roles, and excel at collaborating cross-team and cross-functionally.
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself and your team.
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $220,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.