Mid Market Sales Manager
We’re looking for a sales leader with experience building highly profitable, scalable, and leveraged teams to ensure the optimal balance of company growth and customer experience within our Mid Market segment. As the Mid Market Sales Manager, you will implement best practices, drive business growth, and help scale our mid-market sales program. You’ll manifest our values and contribute to building a sales culture that is integrated within the entire company.
This role is based in our New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
- Manage, hire, and scale Asana’s Mid Market Sales team.
- Lead strategic planning for your team, including account tiering, outbound prospecting, deal strategy development, and ongoing sales enablement.
- Participate directly in complex sales situations and late-stage customer negotiations.
- Achieve ambitious targets quarter after quarter.
- Partner with a robust cross-functional team, including Solutions Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Product teams.
- Establish and implement best practices for maximizing pipeline creation, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene.
- 2+ years of sales leadership experience in B2B SaaS Sales, Mid Market or Enterprise.
- 3-5+ years in a quota-carrying role.
- A passion for coaching and developing world-class talent, while building diverse teams & inclusive cultures.
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity.
- Enjoy working with peers on the sales, marketing, partnerships, customer operations, and product teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can create order out of uncertainty.
- Entrepreneurial (helping build an office & team from the ground up).
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $150,000 - $190,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.