Head of Total Rewards
At Asana, we have an ambitious mission and we’re looking for an equally ambitious and skilled compensation leader to help us get there. The Head of Compensation & Equity will drive the strategy and design of our global compensation and equity programs. You’ll bring innovation and insights that evolve our compensation practices in ways that will enable us to grow and scale, while staying true to our values and culture. As a member of the People Operations team, this role plays a crucial part in delivering a best-in-class experience that aligns with our culture and mission. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of People Rewards, Analytics & Operations and collaborating with senior leaders and the Company Board.
The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. We recruit, develop and retain exceptional people of diverse backgrounds. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the strategy and design of Asana’s global compensation programs, aligning them with Asana’s culture, compensation philosophy, and business strategy.
- Leverage industry experience and creative innovative program design to maximize the return on our compensation investment, effectively attracting and rewarding our valued employees.
- Lead our executive compensation processes and programs by partnering with the leadership, legal and outside advisors, developing of materials for our Compensation Committee and participating in our Compensation Committee meetings.
- Drive the design of our global equity programs, spearhead employee equity education, and collaborate closely with our stock admin and legal teams to ensure seamless execution.
- Take the lead on incentive compensation research, ensuring the effectiveness and competitiveness of our sales programs
- Oversee the development of fair and equitable compensation policies and procedures while actively monitoring external trends and conducting benchmarking to ensure proactive adjustment of company plans and programs for sustained market competitiveness.
- Lead the growth and development of our compensation team as we scale, offering continuous mentorship, training, and professional growth opportunities to direct report
- Establish strong and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders throughout the organization, while providing expert guidance and education on compensation-related matters through formal and informal training, communication, and change management initiatives.
- 8+ years experience managing compensation programs with at least 3+ years experience managing global compensation programs
- 2+ years of people management experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams
- Strategic thinker with a forward-looking approach, anticipating needs 1-2 years ahead and expertise in building and scaling compensation programs on a global scale, adapting to various regional requirements
- Strong data and analytical skills, capable of utilizing data to make informed decisions and drive compensation strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at influencing individuals at all levels and fostering collaboration across diverse job functions, with a proven ability to educate employees and management effectively on compensation matters.
- Demonstrates grace under pressure and maintains a can-do attitude, even in challenging situations
- Highly adaptable individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while applying creative problem-solving skills to tackle complex compensation-related challenges
- Familiarity with Workday and Google Suite
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $252,000 - $340,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.