Sr Payroll Analyst
Asana is building a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in the processing and operations of North America payroll, and assisting in month-end close and audit, ensuring accuracy with the payroll and benefits systems.
We are looking for someone who is super detail-oriented, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills and the ability to think outside the box for problem solving and solutions. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up and own the payroll operations function with minimal supervision and take pride in providing world class customer experience to the employees globally. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Responsible for preparation and processing of North American payroll (US and Canada) using Workday and ADP TeamPay
- Assist with the registration for new State/SUI/Local payroll tax as needed and add the new State/SUI/Local tax jurisdictions into ADP
- Preparation of 401(k) and HSA submissions and funding requests to third party administrators
- Partner with People Ops and external vendors on employee benefits such as LOAs, Flexible Spending and Health Saving accounts and upload changes
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll related matters in a timely manner
- Be able to research payroll issues independently, demonstrating high analytical ability, knowledge of best practices, and an understanding of federal and state payroll tax and labor law developments
- Assist with payroll journal entries, account accruals and reconciliations, and provide general ledger support
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant payroll experience processing multi-state payroll for US and Canada
- Experience with Workday Payroll and familiarity with Netsuite, Fidelity, HSA Bank or other Payroll and HR equivalent systems preferred
- Experience with stock-payroll transactions (ESPP, ISOs, NQs, and RSUs) and reconciliations preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as ability to collaborate closely with other teams remotely
- Knowledge and mindset for automation and improvements to streamline processes for scalability
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Adaptable to a fast changing work environment while able to work well under stress and tight deadlines.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $138,000 -$190,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.