We’re looking for an experienced Interactive Brand Designer to join the Brand Creative team and help define a unique web experience for the Asana brand. Reporting to the Interactive Design Manager, you’ll work closely with talented designers, copywriters, web developers, marketers and leadership to champion the Asana brand across the organization.
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
Learn more about Asana Design team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate with marketers, web developers, producers, and product managers to define and execute Asana’s interactive experience from concept to execution
- Partner closely with writers, illustrators, designers and web developers to bring campaigns, product launches, email campaigns and brand initiatives to life on the web
- Innovate on and create work that delights our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our brand across channels
- Create high quality visual design and scalable design system for website that’s grounded on data insight, research and customer insight
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Co-create a web platform that elevates the Asana brand while enabling content-creators to launch marketing experiences faster within Asana
- Lead and manage multiple medium to large-scale design projects independently, working cross-functionally with marketing partners to define a brief and deliver appropriate solutions, often overseeing teammates
- Manage ambiguity effectively, and influence the direction of your projects by identifying and defining new opportunities
- Define goals, success metrics, and strategy for your projects
- Work autonomously on open-ended problems that impact other programs, and drive coordination between team members
- 7+ years experience in web UI and interactive design, in-house and/or agency, managing large web design projects
- Strong understanding of visual design principles and branding
- Experience building web design systems and guidelines
- Core graphic design abilities including visual design for web assets and graphics
- Understanding of UX design and testing process
- Able to flex in responsive web design from experience concept to pixel-perfect execution
- Detail-oriented, strategic and systems-level thinker
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping interactive experiences
- Expert level understanding of tools like Figma and Adobe CC
- Motion experience a plus
- HTML/CSS knowledge and partnering closely with engineers is a plus
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $182,000 - $232,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.