Engineering Manager, Dependency Planning
We are looking for an empathetic, product-focused Engineering Manager to lead our brand new Dependency Planning team. This team’s vision is to enable teams to plan their work and adapt those plans effortlessly in real-time. The Dependency Planning team will achieve their vision by allowing users to model & visualize the relationships between projects, tasks, and time. As the manager for this brand new team, you will be instrumental in setting the team’s long-term roadmap & creating a cohesive, inclusive, team culture.
The Dependency Planning team will be the fourth team within our Coordinate area, which focuses on core surface areas of the Asana product, namely projects & tasks. Our Product Engineering teams build features end-to-end. From designing our data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software from great software. We work closely with UI designers and are supported by our infrastructure team. We aim to delight users with both large new features and smaller, daily product enhancements—thanks to our continuous deployment architecture. We want to create a superlative user experience, down to the smallest details.
This role is based in our New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 3 talented engineers, and grow that team to 5 engineers
- Develop team rituals that lead to great outcomes & an inclusive culture for all team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, design, user research and data science on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Guide the articulation and execution of the team’s future roadmap and ensure the team’s work ties back into high-level business goals
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work and learn alongside great peer managers with a strong sense of team
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years experience managing a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to grow engineers of various levels
- Enthusiasm for building delightful products and willing to role-blend to achieve better outcomes
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Biased towards action, with an emphasis on shipping early and often.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $264,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.