North America Benefits Program Manager
We’re looking for an empathetic and experienced Benefits professional, who has a passion for building better processes and solutions, and who has the knowledge to navigate the complexities of US healthcare and the breadth to manage all of Asana’s North America benefits. The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. We recruit, develop and retain exceptional people of diverse backgrounds. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Be an expert in the US and Canada benefits programs Asana offers, and provide guidance to our operations team to support employees at all levels on benefits questions
- Collaborate with benefits vendors to solve employee benefits issues; support the development of a long-term vendor roadmap, identify best-in-class vendor partners and manage implementation and change processes for new vendors
- Host benefits orientations on a regular basis and support new hire benefits enrollment
- Manage Asana’s benefits administration processes, and conduct periodic audits to ensure data integrity across platforms and payroll
- Manage design, testing and implementation of ongoing enhancements to our Workday benefits administration module and benefits business processes
- Support the planning, administration and communication of annual open enrollment, and other benefits changes throughout the year
- Ensure compliance of Asana’s US benefit programs with regulations, including HIPAA, COBRA, ACA reporting, benefits NDT and other national and local regulatory filings, legal disclosures and benefits notices
- Manage global benefit programs, including mental health and family forming benefits, and support the evolution of our perk and wellness efforts
- 5+ years of experience working in US benefits administration or managing US benefits programs
- Deep understanding of benefits administration processes, with examples of how you have improved them
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulations that impact US benefits, and experience of their hands-on application
- Experience managing vendors, projects and programs
- Experience in Workday (preferred), or other benefits administration system
- Demonstrated skill to create reports on and audit complex data from multiple sources in Excel and/or Google Sheets, with the ability to spot inconsistencies and identify the root cause of issues
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams, internal and external, and customer service and engagement content creation skills to support Asanas
- Passionate about creating a superlative employee experience
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $133,000 - $169,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.