Staff Product Designer, Artificial Intelligence
We recently launched one of Asana’s most exciting announcements in our company’s history, Asana Intelligence—a human-centric approach for leveraging AI to help organizations safely and securely make better decisions and maximize impact. At Asana, our vision is to harness the power of AI to empower individuals and teams, forge new connections, celebrate shared victories, and enable seamless collaboration among teams worldwide.
To embark on this thrilling journey, we seek an exceptional product designer to join our AI design team. We require a designer who can navigate and excel in this fast-evolving landscape. We need someone who can help us explore and unlock this technological advancement's full potential through their excellent design craft, product thinking, prototype, customer centricity and communication skills. You also excel at fluid collaboration and are constantly finding opportunity for role blend with your cross-functional partners, so your team can drive rapid decisions together with this fast evolving technology. Together, we will create valuable customer experiences that propel us toward our mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design of end-to-end AI experiences for Asana products and features. Champion product excellence, innovate and define exciting new design paradigms for AI features, and share best practices with the rest of the organization about what it means to design a great experience for AI.
- Help define strategic direction for AI at Asana for our customers and the business.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to learn and explore the fast-evolving technical landscape, use them to solve customer problems, build and ship solutions to learn and iterate.
- Mentor designers on the team to help the team grow and scale.
- Continue to exercise and excel skills for visual, interaction design and prototyping.
- 7+ years of experience in product design with a strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality interaction and interface design work. Prototyping is your tool to get to design excellence.
- Experience working in technical and nebulous 0 to 1 domains and products. Past experience working in AI products is preferred but not required.
- You move fluidly without boundaries, comfortable with role blending; you also move nimble, fast and excel at making good product decisions that helps the organization learn and or drive impact.
- Skilled in driving a human-centered design process, clearly communicating design work with solid rationale informed by customer research and data, and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale.
- You embody openness, curiosity, and a growth mindset. Always seeking for collaboration and feedback from both customer and your cross functional partners.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $223,000 - $283,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.