Employee Communications Lead
The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. We recruit, develop and retain exceptional people of diverse backgrounds. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
We are looking for an Employee Communications Lead to own our Internal Editorial and Events. You will be the company’s lead internal storyteller, and your daily mission will be to create compelling global employee communications that inspire employee engagement in service of our mission, business, values, and culture. You will develop and implement strategies and programs that help Asanas stay informed and aligned to our vision, strategy, and priorities; your impact will help cultivate a workplace where Asanas feel connected and inspired. You will be responsible for creating and managing editorial content in multiple formats and across multiple async and live communication channels, including Asana, Slack, All Hands, Ask Me Anything sessions, our intranet, and other digital, presentation, or in-person employee activation events that help amplify the momentum of the business.
The right person for this role is a strategic thinker with exceptional communication skills, and a self-starter that wants to flex their creativity in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will be in lockstep with our Corporate Communications, Brand, PR, and Customer Marketing & Advocacy teams, as part of building internal communications campaigns that align with Asana’s brand narrative and that fuel a customer-centric culture. You will oversee all internal communications channels and manage a team that will support you in building best in class editorial and events.
You will report to the Head of Employee Communications & Experience, and as a senior member of the ECE team, you will provide proactive and trusted communications counsel to stakeholders at all levels, including our Executive and Senior Leadership team.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Editorial & Events
- Serve as editor-in-chief across all internal communications channels to ensure alignment of employee-focused content & programs globally
- Plan, edit, and build or write content for a variety of channels and audiences - from company newsletters to slack campaigns to talk tracks, scripts, and/or slide decks for large internal events
- Build content that highlights both our customers and employees, bringing our values - particularly mission and heartitude - to life
- Collaborate with the Employee Communications Business Partners and Chiefs of Staff to:
- Optimize how we use leadership voices and build leadership connections across our internal communications programs and channels
- Build the thread between all company and functional communications, harvesting stories to elevate to all company and identifying how and when to cascade all company messaging through functional channels
- Own employee activation events that amplify the momentum of the business, including All Hands, Ask Me Anything with our Executive Team, and other major company moments.
- Create new ways to share information and drive employee engagement through visual storytelling, internal social media, or other creative mediums
- Provide strategic input on messaging and positioning and influence stakeholders, as needed, to ensure communications are compelling and aligned with our vision, goals, culture, and tone
- Own overall channel strategy - continuously iterate, streamline, and improve channels so that we are sharing the right information at the right time with the right audience in the right ways.
- Establish company best practices and tools for internal communications and regularly research new approaches and industry best practices
- Co-create our quarterly metrics to show progress against our Key Results (KRs) and adapt as needed
- People Management & Coaching
- Manage 2 direct reports, taking co-ownership for their business impact and career growth
- Oversee resources, including temps, contractors, vendors, agencies, or others as needed, to deliver outstanding results
- Expert storyteller that can pull together narratives that compel your audience to feel, engage, and act
- Captivating writer that can crisply and clearly articulate key messages in a way that engages and inspires others.
- Able to operate at a high strategic level, with a keen understanding of the business, while still representing and connecting with the most tactical challenges
- Strong track record for developing effective and compelling communications content and campaigns
- Comfortable driving multiple, disparate initiatives at once and adapting as priorities shift - you have the tools and approaches to limit the burden
- Experience working under pressure with deadlines and working on complex, sensitive, and confidential issues.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $207,000 - $279,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.