Senior Product Manager, Team Sharing
We are looking for an experienced, senior product manager in our Enterprise product pillar who will evolve our product’s sharing experiences, and enable the world’s largest teams and organizations to collaborate at enterprise scale. You are somebody who thrives as a systems thinker, who loves getting into the details of collaboration dynamics, and loves bringing those kinds of details to life in partnership with design and engineering. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver the next generation of Asana’s core collaboration experience: how people share work with each other across Asana. These experiences are used by millions of Asana users and are fundamental to how teams get their work done with Asana.
- Employ the gamut of the product validation toolkit, from prototyping to betas to running A/B tests on hundreds of thousands of users, to land and refine these critical sharing experiences.
- Develop vision and strategy for how collaboration happens, across the world’s largest teams at the world’s largest companies, within Asana, for years to come.
- Be a leader in evolving Asana’s delightful, consumer-like experience into being even more enterprise grade. Be at the forefront of the consumerization of enterprise software.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, or equivalent. Deep experience working with designers and engineers on systems problems is strongly preferred.Systems thinker: You love systems problems. You’re able to see, manage and execute on the interconnections between an experience you’re working on and its knock on effects across the rest of the product. You love to think about how a product experience fits into the larger context of a knowledge worker’s day to day work.
- Design & Engineering partnership: You have proven experience collaborating with engineers and designers to drive progress & solutions on systems problems.
- Strategic: You inspire the company by creating bold visions for how the world of work could be different, and you can scope and sequence to bring that vision to life.
- Get Stuff Done: You create, flex, and evangelize a roadmap; thoughtfully break down projects to MVPs and iterative projects to ship with high velocity and business impact.
- Customer-centric: You analyze our top customer personas, dig into the roots of customer needs, and synthesize research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- Communication and collaboration: You partner with cross-functional teammates to deliver high-quality results. You speak with clarity and write sharp product specs. You are highly comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches, and you pair with design on complex user flows.
- Grow Team Asana: You are a mentor for others, you create great team morale, and you share PM best practices.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $171,000-$258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.