Head of Marketing Analytics
To help power our next wave of growth, we’re looking for a Head of Marketing Analytics to join our Marketing team and lead the Marketing Analytics team that will support our efforts to reach new customers and markets. As the Head of Marketing Analytics, you will partner with and enable Marketing leaders to make data-driven decisions to achieve business goals. You will work alongside other cross-functional data leaders to map out the future of Asana’s data foundations. You will empower and motivate a marketing analytics team full of talented analysts who are passionate about using data to help make better decisions and serve insights with strategic implications.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you'll achieve
- Define the vision for marketing data and analytics for Asana, alongside our AdTech and Data teams
- Set the bar and approach for Marketing measurement, optimization and data visualization
- Partner with Marketing to develop an analytics and data roadmap that is in alignment with Marketing’s strategic and operational needs
- Lead and develop a world-class marketing analytics team; partnering, coaching and mentoring analysts and instilling analytics and operations best practices
- Uncover and effectively communicate data-driven strategic insights with wide-reaching implications on business strategy or customer journey
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data leaders in Business Intelligence, Data Integrations, Data Science and other business analytics teams to define the future of Asana’s data governance and data infrastructure
- Work closely with Finance and other business analytics teams to discover opportunities for improvement and growth
- 8+ years of experience in data analytics, of which 4+ are in performance or paid marketing analytics
- 4+ years of experience in building and managing teams
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and AdTech, e.g. Paid Media, SEO, Email, Web
- Mastery of SQL and experience with working with large datasets in various database technologies
- Deep knowledge of data visualization best practices, including experience with Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Experience driving business strategy or success through data and insights
- Able to communicate and influence at effectively at all levels
- Comfortable working in and leading a high-performing team in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Experience with Freemium, B2B business models
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $252,000 - $340,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.