Product Designer, Payments
Asana is looking for a Product Designer to join the Revenue design team. This team builds experiences across payments, pricing & packaging, new revenue and retention. As designers we are streamlining how teams get work done in a more efficient, effective and delightful way. You’ll make it as simple as possible for teams big and small to realize the value of Asana.
In this role, you will focus on crafting payment, incentive and billing products and features. You’ll be the customer's voice as you collaborate with Engineering, Product, Experience Research, Data Science, and business partners to build compelling payment experiences. You will solve problems with cross functional partners in collaborative teams, that enable designers to do their best work. As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you'll play a key role in a team of Product Designers owning core product development from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. If you’re looking for scope, influence and the opportunity to do high-quality work in your next role, this is it.
This role is based in our Vancouver office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
About the design team
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design of end-to-end experiences for payments, incentives and billing
- Partner with cross-functional partners to identify customer problems, establish vision, set strategy, build and ship payment solutions
- Champion product excellence. Elevate the quality bar for our payment experience and contribute to our design system
- Work across the organization to ship experiences that are cohesive with the broader Asana product experience, ensuring your design scales
- Facilitate and role model human-centered problem solving. Foster co-creation across the organization
- Learn new methods to solve deeply complex problems in the service of inventing new ways to deliver our customer benefits: flow, efficiency, and engagement
- Help shape a product that is intuitive and elegant, which speaks from a unified voice
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality interaction and interface design work
- Skilled in driving a human-centered design process, clearly communicating design work with solid rationale informed by research and data, and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Experience designing and shipping web, desktop, and/or native mobile applications
- Creative problem-solver that embraces divergent and iterative methods in order to evolve concepts from raw ideas to beautiful polished designs
- You embody openness, curiosity, and a growth mindset
- Customer-centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $125,000 CAD - $196,000 CAD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.