Enterprise Account Executive, Education & Public Sector
Asana Impact Go to Market team is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, customer centric, impact-oriented enterprise sales professional who holds themselves accountable to achieving results. You will join a dedicated team at Asana focused on serving our nonprofit, education, and public sector customers. This role will be focused on education and public sector customers, will be responsible for landing and expanding business within their book of business, and will help build out Asana’s public sector go-to-market strategy overall.
This role can either be fully remote depending on which US state you live in, or based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. If based in-office: Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about these options.
What you’ll achieve
- Proactively manage a portfolio of education and public sector customers, serving as their main point of contact and driving revenue growth
- Define territory and account strategies that enable sales velocity in partnership with Sales Engineers, Sales Development Reps, Customer Success Managers, Deal Desk Professional Services and Exec Sponsors
- Partner closely with Asana Channel partners to streamline the education and public sector sales process for customers purchasing Asana via resellers / channel partner, co-selling and revenue driving activity at scale.
- Navigate an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in and close deals with C-Level decision makers
- Exceed targets with support from a smart and collaborative sales enablement team
- Help strategize the education and public sector go-to-market strategy and the largest public sector revenue opportunities at Asana
- Experiment with new processes and revenue streams that drive value for education and public sector customers
- 5+ years selling directly into the Enterprise segment, 8+ years’ experience closing business within a rapidly scaling business.
- Preferred experience selling to Higher Education and/or Public Sector (SLED) customers. Firm understanding of SLED purchasing cyclicality, navigating intricate procurement processes, and consistently closing business surrounding key budgetary events.
- Experience working with and driving revenue via channel partnership.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior line-of-business and IT executives at large organizations.
- Customer-centric approach to relationship management and revenue growth: Demonstrated ability to build champions at C-suite/Director+ levels of client organizations that have led to enterprise-level buys. Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Entrepreneurial, solution oriented, adaptable to change, and excited about the opportunity to co-create with cross functional partners in a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
- Ability to prioritize a mixed book of accounts, convey a clear position on the opportunities you have with each and organize/rally a supporting team behind your efforts
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $150,000 - $190,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.