Technical Program Manager
The Business Intelligence and Data teams at Asana are organized to accelerate the customer journey. Our Technical Program Management team is a close partner to these teams and helps them build a scalable foundation of technology, data, governance, and processes that turns our go-to-market strategies into results.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Enterprise Technology team in coordinating projects for multiple areas, such as Data Lake build-out, Snowflake implementation, MDM, Key Metrics, and Data Governance. Our TPMs are responsible to manage the full lifecycle of projects and programs — from project kick-off and planning to execution and closure. They foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members to help drive, design, and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into impactful results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes, providing the leverage to scale our business.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Ensure the success of the overall portfolio by partnering to drive execution, communication, and change management across various initiatives
- Improve the cohesiveness between Enterprise Technology pillars and also our stakeholders, by evolving our methodologies, execution model, communications, and information tracking process
- Ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
- Organize the overall project team and establish clear roles and responsibilities at the beginning of each project; hold the project team accountable for the deliverables
- Proactively detect misalignment and risk; gain consensus on appropriate actions to mitigate the negative impact
- Participate in the expansion of existing footprint to bring in new technologies, conducting build vs buy analysis, building and responding to RFPs, evaluating tooling, and onboarding them
- Ensure creation, prioritization, and update of the Business Intelligence project roadmap and sequence roadmap work to maximize velocity
- Minimum 7 years in senior project/program management, adept at leading complex projects in Business Intelligence, Sales, or Customer Success roles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management across various methodologies (agile, scrum, waterfall, hybrid), covering all project lifecycle phases, with a flexible and innovative mindset
- Competence in CRM platforms like Salesforce.com and peripheral apps that support critical business processes.
- Solid grasp of the SaaS business model and full lead lifecycle, from the top of the funnel to sales and beyond.
- Experience in Data Governance within publicly-traded companies.
- Familiarity with Data Integrations, Data Engineering, and Business Intelligence technologies (e.g., Snowflake, Tableau, Redshift, Postgres, Informatica).
- Proficient in balancing program workloads and staffing to align with organizational priorities and goals.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $194,000 - $246,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity.