Engineering Manager, Web - Seed Team
Our web engineering team works closely with brand designers and our business teams to make Asana’s public web presence the best in class to get people to start and succeed at using Asana. We love building robust, beautiful, global, and compelling experiences for our visitors. We’re focused on supporting our growing self-serve business needs by delivering scalable systems end-to-end for Asana public properties.
As a manager on the Web Engineering Seed team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you and collaborating with our business stakeholders. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as web engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building scalable solutions to support Asana’s growing business needs. You should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 3-5 engineers on the web engineering team
- Contribute to driving our growth by delivering high performing, SEO, and localized content to help our Asana users get help, invite others to collaborate, and upgrade their plans.
- Partner with our business teams across Marketing, Sales, Support and Brand to drive retention and expansion of existing customers.
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of responsibility (“AOR”) system
- Work closely with recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with websites and/or applications in React and Next.js, or similar technologies and frameworks.
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team. CMS experience is a plus.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners and brand design in an agile environment
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $220,000 - $280,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.