Business Program Lead
We are looking for a senior program manager to help develop and drive transformational business programs from incubation to launch. In this role, you'll be leading some of our most critical initiatives, turning business strategies into actionable plans, and orchestrating seamless cross-functional collaboration that propels our organization forward. We’re looking for a seasoned leader with strong business acumen and talent for driving excellence and fostering alignment in multifaceted environments. We’re looking for someone who has experience working with both rapidly scaling high-growth startups, as well as established larger companies, so you can bring the best of these worlds and connect it to what and how we do things at Asana.
The Business PMO sits within the enterprise technology team, at the center of data, technology, and strategy, and is charged with working cross-functionally with Asana’s business teams to understand and achieve their objectives.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the planning, execution, and monitoring of complex strategic business programs, ensuring they are closely aligned with Asana's mission and objectives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to translate business strategies into actionable program plans, ensuring that every initiative contributes to our overall goals.
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams, project managers, and stakeholders to foster seamless collaboration and integration across all program components.
- Identify and address potential risks and issues proactively, developing strategies to ensure successful program delivery and exceptional outcomes.
- Establish clear program metrics and KPIs, regularly monitoring progress and providing insightful data-driven recommendations to senior management.
- Optimize resource allocation across projects within the program, ensuring efficient use of time, people, and financial resources.
- Manage change effectively by communicating program updates, benefits, and impacts to stakeholders, promoting a culture of adaptability.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process enhancements and improvements, sharing your insights to contribute to the growth of our PMO team.
- You’re a systems’ thinker and are effective at anticipating how a decisions or goals impact other decisions, teams, or outcomes; you can plan and partner based on that broader context.
- You believe that outcomes are better when achieved together, seeking out and leveraging people’s unique strengths and expertise, even if individually is done faster.
- You are courageously objective, not afraid to question and challenge assumptions and a current way of operating.
- You solve problems with empathy and compassion, taking a human-centered approach to building and adapting how we operate and execute against our priorities.
- You’re passionate about optimizing business operations through strategy, systems and data programs.
- 10+ yrs experience in program management and operations within a business function.
- MBA and consulting or banking experience.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $164,000 - $256,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.