Inbound Sales Development Representative, APAC
As a Strategic Business Development Representative, your role is to generate a pipeline for Asana strategic account segments in North East Asia by engaging with new lines of business, subsidiaries and net new contacts within Asana’s largest spend accounts and across identified partner accounts of interest, helping them understand the value of Asana and initiating new sales cycles.
As Asana’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Asana brand, understanding Asana account usage, and building momentum for our regional partners who service customers on Asana's behalf through strategic outbound selling motions. Strategic BDRs who establish high performance and are strong representations of Asana’s Core Values will have the potential for new challenges and career advancement within our channel sales segment.
This role is based in our Sydney office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with our Channel Partner Manager and Partner Sales Teams to research target accounts, subsidiaries and ICP’s, and create customised messaging tailored to local target markets leveraging Asana use cases and industry trends across lines of business to drive qualified opportunities that align with the customer buyer's journey and companywide expansion.
- Map strategic accounts and develop a territory plan with Channel Partner Managers and Partner Sales Teams based on white space, Asana usage and present pipeline strategy at quarterly business reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with the entire account team (Channel Partner Manager, Channel Marketing Manager, Channel Customer Success Manager, Partner Sales Teams) to drive growth and support the health of strategic accounts with high-impact outbound sales motions leveraging territory heat maps, targeted ICP plays and industry specific campaigns.
- Execute a multi-channel outbound prospecting approach (calls, emails, social, whatsapp) with sequences, templates and localised messaging to help build a repeatable process.
- Updates activity metrics, meetings, SQOs pipeline generated and forecasted revenue on a weekly basis. Proactively identifies gaps between prospecting inputs (calls, emails, social selling,tasks and messaging) and outputs (meetings, SQO’s and Pipeline) to excel at forecasting quarterly quota attainment.
- Lead discovery calls with confidence and qualify opportunities based on prescribed sales methodology independently and/or in coordination with Asana solution resellers and providers. Conveys account intelligence and business objectives to Asana team pod and our external partners.
- Consistently achieve over 100% of quarterly SQO quota and 100%+ YTD quota.
- Native-level proficiency in Mandarin and ideally fluency in Cantonese
- Minimum of 2 year business development experience with at least 1 year of outbound experience
- Experience selling into Taiwan, China and/or Hong Kong
- Experience working with solutions resellers and partners preferred
- Proven success in driving strategic outbound sales plays by multi threading to high level decision makers in large enterprise accounts
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $86,000 AUD - $105,000 AUD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.