Engineering Manager, Developer Efficiency
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Developer Efficiency team at Asana. The Developer Efficiency team builds and maintains the tooling that makes product development at Asana fast and delightful. As the Engineering Manager, you’ll help the team set direction, coordinate with partner teams, and coach and grow the talented engineers on the team.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage and enable the growth of the five engineers on the Developer Efficiency team
- Lead the team to set a roadmap and vision for the ideal development environment and workflow for Asana engineers
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our development environment and build system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, and polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Collaborate with other leaders on the Development Lifecycle teams to define how we iterate on our set of tools and systems to bring Asana Engineering’s work from ideation to production
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide and shape the culture and growth of the NYC office
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- You are deeply passionate about the developer experience and excited by the impact your work has on every product engineer
- You have experience managing technical initiatives aimed towards developer productivity or you’re interested in building this expertise
- You are able to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation and whiteboarding sessions
- You have demonstrated an ability to grow engineers of various levels
- You bias towards action, unblocking your team with an emphasis on shipping early and often
- You focus on maximizing impact for yourself and your team
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $264,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.