Customer Success Manager, Education and Public Sector
Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to work. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get the most value out of Asana over time. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager to deeply partner with and grow our top priority customers in our Education and Public Sector.
This role is based in our New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Maintain ownership of a book of customers in Education and Public Sector, driving toward improved adoption and Net ARR across your book of business.
- Continuously forge and deepen relationships with executives, team leads, and Asana champions across your book of business, nurturing a large network of Asana champions across each customer’s organization.
- Work with customers to understand their business objectives and processes in order to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes through Asana,
- Partner with Sales to formulate and act upon a strategy to drive adoption, growth, and impact for each account in your book of business.
- Work with Renewals to mitigate risks and ensure on-time, net positive renewals.
- Execute on all phases of the customer journey, including deployment design and execution, change management consulting, business reviews, and roadmap advisory.
- Coordinate the deployment of Asana to new customers in tandem with your Customer Enablement or Partner counterparts.
- Serve as a lifeline and trusted advisor to your customers over the course of their Asana journey.
- 5+ years of experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships with proven experience being able to drive alignment within complex customer environments at executive and department levels.
- Particularly skilled at managing cross cultural business relationships and nuances.
- Driven, process-oriented person. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support Asana, the team, and ultimately the customer. You’re able to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails to guiding a customer through change management to meeting with the Product team about an upcoming feature.
- Skilled at identifying and forging relationships with decision makers and influential stakeholders.
- Customer-centric and relationship-oriented at your core. You’re devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and adoption of Asana, advocate for regional customers’ needs, and genuinely care about customers as people.
- Solid communicator and facilitator. You’re able to communicate confidently & concisely through Asana, via email, over the phone, or in person, with all audiences (from cross-functional team to executive stakeholder). You can facilitate a customer meeting with all types of stakeholders, engaging the entire group in the discussion.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You are biased for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom in to most granular details and also zoom out to understand the philosophy of how and why decisions are made.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $129,000 - $165,000.. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.